Fischer DuoTec 10 Cavity Fixings
We have introduced a new range of products from Fischer. Available in store and on the website.
Easy to install nylon toggle for high loads in all panel building materials
Fischer DuoTec 10 Cavity Fixings Key Features
- Combination of two material components for more performance.
- Flush sleeve strengthens the drill hole and allows considerably higher transverse loads.
- Curved handle allows obstacles to be identified before installation.
- Flexible screw mount allows for the use of screws and hooks with different thread shapes.
- Glass fibre-reinforced plastics and a metal skeleton insert (fischer DuoTec 12) allow the toggle to handle heavy tensile and transverse loads in all panel building materials.
- Soft grey nylon contact surface distributes the load over the panel surface, thereby minimising weakening of the supporting building material.
- Standard drill hole diameters and short tilting element for easy installation in narrow cavities, including cavities with insulation.
- White flush sleeve with snap function allows the plug to be pre-installed quickly and securely in the drill hole.
- With scale on the grip strap (fischer DuoTec 12) for determining the required screw length (scale value + 20 mm).
The unique function and toggle geometry of the fischer DuoTec allows it to handle very heavy loads for a gravity toggle. Where multiple fixings are required, this reduces the number of fixings and maximises security. As a member of the DUO line, the fischer DuoTec comprises two plastic components. The red and hard component of the plug sleeve facilitates the consistent distribution of the load, while the grey and soft component prevents damage to the panel’s surface by the fixing, reducing the load. The fischer DuoTec is set like a gravity toggle for applications in panel building materials. The toggle can also be used as an expansion plug in solid building materials.
The nylon toggle fischer DuoTec for high tensile and transverse loads through 2 components. Easy installation with small drill hole diameters of 10 mm and short toggle element, even in narrow and insulated cavities. Easy pre-installation; the plug does not fall into the drill hole, even without a screw. No cutting, and thus no weakening of the gypsum plasterboard. The toggle element automatically folds behind the panel and gives it its strength. As a result of the flexible stainless steel screw seat, the gravity toggle can be used with wood and chipboard screws or metric hooks and threaded rods with lock nuts. If it hits something in the drill hole in solid building materials, it functions like an Expansion plug.